PUPPY SCHOOL SESSIONS
We offer flexible sessions on a pay-as-you-go basis for just £15 each!
Held every Wednesday at 6.30pm
The Vet on Richmond Hill
38 Friars Stile Rd, Richmond TW10 6NQ
Register your attendance to avoid disappointment as places are limited
020 8948 3737 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Socialisation and habituation are crucial factors in ensuring your puppy matures into a well-rounded adult. At the beginning of their life they go through a ‘sensitive development period’ and in dogs this lasts until around 14 weeks of age. During this time puppies learn to accept what they have encountered but after this time they can become fearful of unknown objects or unfamiliar situations. This can then result in fear aggression. Our puppy school allow s puppies to mix with other puppies and provides them with the socialisation they require in a controlled and supervised environment.
They are run by one of our nurses at the practice.
Topics covered include:
- The critical socialisation period
- Basic psychology of how dogs learn and body language
- Playing and socialising with other dogs
- Preventing common behaviour problems from arising
- Mouthing and teaching bite inhibition
- Basic obedience
- Information and advice can also be provided on nutrition, dental care, routine preventative treatments, grooming, microchipping and neutering.